Bhendi or okra is a green vegetable which is easily digestable. It is believed it improves our mathermetical analysing power and memory. Okra fry is my favourite recipe which is simple yet delicious too.
It is side dish accomplishment with hot rice and pappu charu. Okra contains a gummed texture inside which can be reduced by adding little curd by frying or else cut okra into pieces and put in refrigerator for 2-3hours. This way you can reduce the gum inside okra.
- 500gm okra cut into pieces
- 1large onion cut into small pieces
- 3garlic cloves peeled,crushed
- 1 red chilli split
- 6 curry leaves
- 1tsp red chilli powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1/2tsp turmeric
- 1/2tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2tsp cumin seeds
- 2tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Take 2tsp oil in a pan,when oil get heated add mustard and cumin seeds,let it pop up. now add crushed garlic,split red chilli,curry leaves saute it.
- Add onion pieces and fry it well. when onions turn light golden colour add okra pieces add turmeric and salt put it in low flame for 10min's.
- If you feel there is more gum in okra add 2tsp curd to it.
- now add red chilli and coriander powder saute it and let it cook for another 5min.
- Okra fry is ready to eat with hot rice.