Guthivankaya koora can be served with chapati or plain rice or ragi mudda. it gives great taste with any of them.
Few people love to eat with dosa also.
- 12 brinjals medium or small size
- 2 onions
- 6 garlic flakes
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1/4cup sesame seeds
- 1/4cup roasted peanuts
- 2tsp red chilli powder
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1/2tsp jaggery
- 1tsp tamarind paste
- salt to taste
- 4tsp oil
- Cut brinjals into quarter without cutting till the end of stem.like in picture.We have to stuff the brinjals with paste.
- take a tsp oil in a pan add onion pieces fry it.
- For making masala paste take a blender add onion pieces,grated coconut,roasted peanuts,sesame seeds,garlic flakes,jaggery blend all the ingrediants well to make a fine smooth paste.
- Now in a heavy bottomed kadai add remaining oil add mustardseeds cumin seeds when it splutters add stuffed brinjals fry for 5mins in low flame.after 5min turn to otherside without disturbing the paste inside the brinjals.cook for another 5mins.
- Now add remaining paste add all powders,tamarind paste,salt and cook for 15-20min.
- check whether brinjals are cooked well.If it is cooked well when we touch with spoon it appears smooth.
- take into serving bowl.serve hot with chapati or rice.