Gulab jamun,ummmm........This is the favourite dessert to every indian, But i have seen most people who are scared to do this in home and prefer to go to sweet shop and get it. But its really quite easy to make.If you make correct measurements and perfect way of frying balls then your gulab jamun turns really delious,colourful like shown in the picture. While making gulab jamun two important factors decide the taste and colour,these are first one is make sure your dough is not too thick or thin dough,it should be in medium portion.second one is while going to fry the jamun balls first put the oil to high flame when oil is heated well reduce it to very low. and then put the balls in oil.you have to keep on checking the temperature of the oil.
if you feel this is stress job do it in medium flame not too high or too low..
here goes the preparation of gulab jamun.
- 1cup non fat milk powder
- 1/4cup of all purpose flour
- pinch baking soda
- 1spn unsalted butter melted
- milk to make dough
- 1cup sugar
- 1cup water
- 2elaichi pods
- Take milk powder,all purpose flour,baking soda,melted butter into a bowl. knead it to smooth dough with milk set aside for 5min.
- with in this time,put oil for deep fry and in another take sugar and water into a bowl heat it until the sugar melts and add elaichi for flavour.
- let oil heat and in this mean time take dough and make into small portionsto make balls
- remember after frying the balls it will get double in size,so make sure what size you want while making balls itself.
- now put oil to low flame and add the balls fry it for 5-10min.once it gets the nice brown colour take it out and drop in sugar syrup and put the lid so that it dips and whole portion dipped into syrup.make sure you have switched off the sugar syrup yok.
- repaeat the process for left over balls and let it cool to room temperature.
- and put in refrigerator so that you can have cool gulab jamun.